Wednesday 29 April 2009

Virtual Anatomy - Digital Concept Art

I started this piece of concept art by considering the framing of the the image and to make it more interesting i decided to let it flow off of the top and bottom edge so it feels like you are entering the body with the peanut. I inside the mouth a gradient colouring of dark pink to light pink with the framing of the mouth with the lips being painted in a light colour to allow it to stand out from inside te mouth as well as being darker than the skin around the lips.

I then began to add the features inside the mouth using more gradient colouration as a base coat while i add more tones in with freehand painting.







I then added the teeth which helped with the seperation between the mouth and lips. I started with basic white teeth shapes but to stop them from merging to the viewers eye, i addes tints of grey through-out the teeth to give the seperation.




After all the structure was completed, i turned my attention to the highlights and the shadows, using colour burn to provide a gradual highlight on the tongue where the light enters and using multiply in conjunction with a dark blue colour on the inside of the mouth where the light would not reach.
Then finally I added the nuts onto the tongue as if u were following them on the journey down the body which is enhanced by my initial framing of the image which acts as an entrance.

No comments: